Frequent Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What kind of affordable housing assistance does the City offer?

The Housing Development Corporation of Rock Hill (HDCRH) offers down payment and closing cost assistance for first time home-buyers, rehabilitation of existing houses, and home-buyer education.

How do I know if I qualify for assistance?

Each program has slightly different eligibility requirements; however, all programs require that the applicant meet certain income limits set by HUD. For current criteria, please call 803-817-5112 or email

How do I apply?

Download an application available at or pick up one at the Neighborhood Development Division of Housing and Neighborhood Services, located at 150 Johnston Street. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Once you have completed the application, please call Steve McGill at 803-817-5112 to schedule an appointment.

Does the City have any homes for sale?

The HDCRH is in the middle of construction of homes in the Village at Arcade Mill, with houses currently under construction on Hagins and Sydney ST. The homes are all three bedrooms and two baths and range from $99,500 to $110,000 and are built using the latest in energy efficient and LEED construction techniques. Assistance for these homes is typically $10,000. To be eligible to purchase, the buyer must be pre-qualified by a financial institution and approved by the HDCRH Loan Committee.