PUMP HOUSE RIVER RUN
June 9, 2018
This exciting two-stage adventure race consists of a three-mile paddle on the scenic Catawba River followed by a 5K Run on the Piedmont Medical Center Trail. Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Youth and Adult divisions welcome and participants can compete solo or as two-person relay team. Whether you are a river rat or 5K warrior, this off-beat duathlon will surely challenge your mind, body and spirit and reconnect you with nature and the great outdoors! Sponsored by the new Pump House American Restaurant and coordinated by Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism. Proceeds benefit the Nature Navigators Endowment, a component fund of the Foundation for the Carolinas.
New for 2018!!
We are excited to announce that we are adding an Adaptive Wave to the Pump House River Run 2018. If you or someone you know is interested in joining the Adaptive Wave click HERE for more information.
To be eligible for the Adaptive Wave, participants must have one of the following conditions:
- Mental/Cognitive disabilities diagnosed by a medical professional
- Physical disability diagnosed by a medical professional
- Amputation of major extremity
Click here to register online
You can register on site at the following times and locations:
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2018 SPONSORS!!!
The Pump House Restaurant
Nature Navigator Endowment Sponsors
Water Cooler Sponsor
Friend of Youth Sponsor
Would you like to sponsor the 2018 Pump House River Run?
Contact Becky Adams at 803-329-5620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Waivers will be emailed to all participants before the race and will be available on-site the day of the race.
- USCG Type III or Type V life jackets are REQUIRED for paddling on the river; helmets are suggested. Any participant seen paddling without a life jacket or with an improperly fitted and fastened life jacket will be disqualified from the race.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferrable after June 1, 2017.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old to participate. Minors must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian in order to participate.
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are discouraged for the safety of all participants.
- All participants are responsible for making their own decisions while on the water including, but not limited to; which equipment to use, which route to take, whether their skill and experience level are appropriate for this experience based on current or anticipated weather/water/trail conditions.
- Volunteers and rescue personnel will be on site during both portions of the race; however, all participants are responsible for self-rescue while on the river.
- Paddleboards on a moving water venue like the Catawba River should either have no leash or a quick release leash. For more information on ACA SUP Leash and Lifejacket recommendation, see this video.
- Kayak sitters will be available to watch kayaks at River Park until 1:00 PM
- Shuttles will be available from 6:00 AM - noon for relay teams to stage runners and equipment at River Park and return paddlers to the start area.
- Awards will be given in categories that will be determined by participant registration.
- Every participant is required to turn in a signed City of Rock Hill waiver (click here for waiver) before participating in the race.Parents or legal guardians must sign a waiver for any participants under the age of 18.
6:00 am - 9:00 am On-site registration (if maximum is not met), check-n, equipment drop off. Participants must check-in at least one hour before their registered wave.
Additional waves will be added as necessary but registration will be limited to 300 starting participants.
Check back for updated outfitter information.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call Hope Matthews at 803-817-5122.