| "Light Up the Night"
|December 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM
The Rock Hill Christmas Parade is a great way to RING in the season. This parade is South Carolina's only night parade that showcases thousands of colorful lights and ends with a special appearance from the Big Guy himself. The parade is normally held the first week of December in downtown Rock Hill, lighting the way for the nationally famous ChristmasVille Festival.
Parade Route:The parade will travel its traditional route: Begins at Oakland Ave. and Stewart Ave., proceeds down Oakland, turns right onto White Street, left through the parking lot next to Wells Fargo, left onto Main St. and up Main St., ending at Fountain Park.
Related Street Closings:
- Oakland Ave. from Cherry Rd. to Stewart will be closed to general traffic beginning at 2 PM for parade staging.
- The parade route will begin at 6 PM and will reopen when the parade has safely passed.
- These streets will be closed during and following the parade for disbanding:
Elizabeth Ave. between Black St. and White St.
Main St. between Elizabeth Ave. and Confederate Ave.
Reid St. closed between White St. and Main St.
- On-street parking along the parade route and disbanding areas will be unavailable on Friday.
- After the parade, the Elizabeth Ave. exit of the Fountain Park parking deck will be closed; the exit onto Main St. will be used.
- Additional road closings may be necessary due to the ChristmasVille festival.
Float Lighting Examples
For those units currently entered in this year's parade, here are tips for Float Lighting. Please see the pictures above for examples.
For questions about the parade, please call Parks, Recreation and Tourism at 803-329-5620.