To be a highly respected leader in law enforcement, dedicated to providing quality police services while holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
To protect, serve and cultivate community partnerships to ensure safety and security for all.
The Police Department is built on a philosophy that includes the values: Community, Excellence, Integrity, Loyalty and Teamwork.
- We are dedicated to a superior quality of life.
- We value our city and its part in a safe and clean environment.
- We believe that a diverse workforce promotes justice for all citizens.
- We recognize the need in our community to assist the less fortunate.
- We will encourage all department members to contribute to their community by volunteering available time and resources to assist those needs.
We are convinced that excellence in the provision of police services can only be achieved by effective planning, hard work, the timely application of necessary resources, professional training, careful and consistent supervision, and the support of the community.
- We realize that personal and organizational ethics are essential to our mission.
- We believe in treating our citizens and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- We subscribe to the principle that all services will be delivered in a fair, equitable, and honest manner that preserves the democratic values of our community.
- We believe in loyalty to our oath of office, our Department, and our community.
- We are devoted to reaching the youth of our community to provide guidance and actively encourage their development as citizens.
- We will always comply with established Federal, State, and Local safety standards.
- We will always strive to use our best judgment and work as safely as possible daily.
- We will never intentionally endanger the public we serve.
- We respect the contributions of each Department member and believe our employees are our most valuable asset.
- We trust each other and work together to cultivate trust.
- We promote innovation by encouraging independent action and initiative.
- We recognize that progress depends on cooperation with others and foster partnerships with our community.