The City of Rock Hill collects yard debris from residents on a weekly basis. Large yard debris collection will be collected as follows:
Small piles of trimmings, raked vegetation, grass clippings and pruned vegetation will not be picked up loose at the curb and must be placed in a YardCart or composted by the resident.
- Large yard debris includes limbs and branches and should be placed alongside the road in front of each residence for pick-up on your collection day before 7 AM. Place in one pile away from low hanging branches, power lines, telephone poles, vehicles and collection bins.
- The maximum size of any piece of yard debris is 12 feet long and no greater than 6 inches in diameter.
- Debris longer than 12 feet and/or greater than 6 inches in diameter is not collected by the City and should be removed by a private contractor.
- A limit of 2 cubic yards of large yard debris (about the size of two standard refrigerators) will be picked up at no cost to the resident each week.
- A $5 per cubic yard fee will be assessed to residents who have more than 2 cubic yards of large yard debris out on their collection day.
- Contractors should not place yard waste at the curb for pick up.
For large items other than limbs and branches, see Bulky Items for more information.