Agendas & Minutes
Term of Office:Typically 3 years, but up to the discretion of City Council.
Authority:The Public Parks and Recreation Commission creates policies and assists in the administration of a coordinated City parks and recreation program. This Commission was created August 4, 1944.
Membership:Nine members appointed by City Council. Members must reside within the Rock Hill School District Three boundaries.
- Recommend policies for a coordinated recreation service, and cooperate with other similar local, state or federal government authorities, subject to approval by City Council.
- Make bylaws, rules and regulations for the proper conduct of the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department of the City, subject to approval by Council.
- Establish Voluntary Advisory Committees for all organized sports programs, parks, and neighborhood centers
- Recommend parks and recreation capital project priorities.
- Have a general understanding of the Commission's bylaws.
- Have an understanding of attendance guidelines.
- Visit recreation sites periodically.
- Hold public hearings as necessary.
- Make annual reports to Council and other reports as necessary or requested.
Meeting Schedule:The Commission meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Room 373 of City Hall located at 155 Johnston Street. Commission meetings usually last 2 hours. Members are encouraged to attend park openings and dedications, the annual volunteer appreciation event, and other department special events.
Staff Liaison:Amanda Helms, Parks, Recreation and Tourism, 803-329-8752.
|Beverly A. "Bev" Carroll||Chair|
|John Elliott "Topsy" Coleman|
|Joseph B. "Bennie" Evans|
|James C. Rhea, III||Vice-Chair|