The Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department is dedicated to providing a safe environment for those participating in youth sports programs run by the City of Rock Hill. These are safety initiatives implemented by our department:
- Conduct national and state background checks on coaches.
- Provide free clinics for coaches and players led by high school coaches, college coaches and doctors. Safety topics such as concussion prevention, hydration, proper use of equipment, etc. are covered in addition to skills, drills and coaching philosophies.
- Require coaches to be certified through the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS.)
- Require coaches to sign the Coaches Code of Ethics; require parents to sign the Parents Code of Ethics.
- Provide child abuse awareness training at mandatory coaches’ meeting.