Closing Out Your Project

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Water and Sewer

When a water or sewer extension is required for your project, the items below must be completed, approved and/or copies received by the City before any water meters will be set:

  1. As-built drawings/ valve drawings approved (for private and public systems) - see As-built checklist
  2. Contractor Lien Waiver form completed
  3. Contractor Warranty Transfer (if required)
  4. Compaction Test Results for soil
  5. Bacteria Test (BacT) results current within last 30 days
  6. Sewer Air Test results
  7. Water/ Sewer Inspection Approvals
  8. SCDHEC Permit to Operate Water and/or Sewer
    * Please note, the City Utility Department will send an approval letter to the project engineer (for City maintained systems only) once we receive items 1 - 7 above. The engineer will need to send SDHEC all required items as outlined in your SCDHEC construction permit application.

When tapping into an existing approved water or sewer line, the water meter will be set when the meter set fee has been paid.  Allow 3 to 5 days for utility crews to install the meter.

These items are also required before the Certificate of Occupancy can be issued:

  1. Copies of any necessary recorded easements.
  2. SC State Fire Marshal approval letter for underground piping of the fire sprinkler system (if applicable)


When a new stormwater system is installed, the following items must be completed and approved:

  1. As-built drawings (for private and public systems) - see As-built Checklist
  2. Stormwater Permanent Maintenance Agreement complete with exhibits

Stabilization measures should be initiated as soon as practicable in portions of the site where construction activities have temporarily or permanently ceased, but in no case more than 14 days after work has ceased.  Final grades for grassed and landscaped areas require a minimum of 4" to 6" of clean top soil, free of debris and contaminants and preferably of native origin.

Note:  A copy of the approved SWPPP plan and all applications and permits but be kept on file for three years according to SCDHEC regulations.


When new roads are constructed as part of your project, the items below will need to be completed:

  1. Affidavit for Donor and Contractor of Newly Constructed Roads
  2. Copies of any necessary recorded easements.


Reminders for Closing out Your Project - printable flyer (PDF)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer