Stormwater & Erosion Control

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Stormwater & Erosion Control
Checklist & Application


Other Forms and Checklists
for Plan Review


 Online Permits, Inspections and Plans

Stormwater discharges are generated by runoff from land and impervious areas such as paved streets, parking lots, and building rooftops during rainfall and snow events that often contain pollutants in quantities that could adversely affect water quality. Most stormwater discharges are considered point sources and require coverage by an NPDES permit. The primary method to control stormwater discharges is though the use of best management practices. Members of our team are here to guide you through your permitting process.

To be brief, a stormwater and erosion control permit is required when work being performed causes a land disturbance which in turn causes stormwater discharge. Submit plans along with the required applications and submittals to the Permitting Application Center (PAC). Please call Kathy Paterniti, 803/329-5515 for further assistance.

Plan Submittal Information - forms and checklists
FEMA Map Service Center
SCDNR Flood Mitigation Program
Standard Detail Drawings & Specifications
Closing Out Your Project

The Stormwater division of Planning and Development handles stormwater issues for new construction projects. If you would like to report a stormwater issue related to new construction, please call us 803/329-5515.

If you have a stormwater problem not related to new construction, like a drainage problem in your yard, please contact the stormwater division of Public Works at 803/329-5614 or send an email to You can also visit the Public Works webpage.

Online Permits, Inspections and Plans Forms GIS Maps Zoning Ordinance Standard Details and Drawings