I have a business plan. Now what?
I found a location.
- Prior to signing a lease or purchasing a building, spend time speaking with the Open for Business office. Find out about Zoning, Building, and Fire regulations.
What permits do I need?
SC Dept. of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (SCLLR)
Do I need a design professional?
What type of plans do I need to submit?
- Building: Floor plan, Accessibility, Life Safety, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Structural
- Zoning: Sign Plan, Site Plan, Landscape Plan
What is the process after I submit my plan?
- Plan review
- Pay fees
- Obtain necessary permits
I have a permit. What’s next?
- Schedule inspections: permits have information about when and how.
All final inspections are approved.
- Obtain Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.)
- Meet with Open for Business staff:
- Set up utility account
- Obtain your business license
Am I ready to open?
- All inspections completed
- SCLLR Salon License
- Post Occupant Load Notice
- Post Business License