Contractor Licensing Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Any contractor doing work in the City of Rock Hill must obtain a business license. Some types of businesses such as electricians, plumbers, general contractors, HVAC, and others will require proof of a current South Carolina Contractor’s License before a City business license can be issued. View Contractor Licensing Requirements for more details. All contractors obtaining a business license per job will be required to submit a copy of their signed contract or other proof of the cost of the project.

Are you applying for your first permit with the City of Rock Hill? Please fill out the forms below and submit with your permit application or when submitting plans for review. You can also download a pdf of the New Contractor Info Packet.



The City of Rock Hill does not recognize out of state licenses. Contact the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation to find out if your license will reciprocate.  For specific information about the types of licenses accepted, please see Contractor Licensing Requirements.  


For further information, contact any Customer Service Representative at the Permit Application Center (PAC) at 803-329-5590 or email the PAC.

Related Information

Business Licensing

Contractor Licensing Requirements

New Contractor Info Packet

EPA Lead Renovation, Repair & Painting Program

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer