Temporary Uses and Structures (festivals, seasonal sales, moving containers, etc.)

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Rock Hill regulates temporary events and structures through a couple of different processes:

1. Events that take place in public areas or rights-of-way, such as streets and cul-de-sacs, may require a special events permit or neighborhood block party permit from City Management

2. Events that take place on entirely private property, such as carnivals or the sale of fireworks or seasonal produce, require a temporary use permit from the Planning & Development Department.

3. Temporary structures, such as temporary moving containers and temporary storage containers, require a temporary structures permit from the Planning & Development Department.


The Planning & Development Department processes the applications for No. 2 and 3 above. You may submit these applications to the Department's Permit Application Center. The fee for both of these applications is $50.

When your temporary event or structure is set up, please call 803-329-5590 to schedule a final inspection. Please reference your permit number when scheduling the inspection.


For further information, contact any Customer Service Representative at the Permit Application Center (PAC) at 803-329-5590 or email the PAC.

Related Information

Tent Permits
Temporary Sign Permits

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer