Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A tent permit is needed for tents over 120 square feet or for all tents used for cooking. Some common events that involve a tent are retail sales events, food preparation or sales, vendor display area, special events display, meetings, weddings or other gatherings.

A Temporary Use Permit may also be required for your event. When both permits are required, the higher of the two permit fees is charged.

The City also has a Special Events Application or Block Party Application for events taking place in public areas or rights-of-way.


Review the tent permit code information and complete the tent permit application and return to the Permit Application Center (PAC) with a site plan showing where the tent will be placed and a flame-resistant treatment certificate. An inspection by the Building Inspections Department and the Fire Department is required before the tent can be occupied.


For further information, contact any Customer Service Representative at the Permit Application Center (PAC) at 803-329-5590 or email the PAC.

Related Information
Tent Permit Application 
Temporary Use/Special Events Permits
Business License Information
Special Events or Block Party

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer