Separation Reduction

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What is a separation reduction request?

Some uses are required by the Zoning Ordinance to be located a certain district from other types of uses. In some cases, this distance requirement may be reduced through a separation reduction request to the Zoning Board of Appeals.

The separation requirements for different use types are found in the use-specific standards section of Chapter 4 of the Zoning Ordinance.

Zoning Ordinance 

What is the process for requesting a separation reduction?

Requests to reduce separation requirements go to the Zoning Board of Appeals for consideration. One reason that such requests go before the Zoning Board of Appeals is so people who would be most affected by the approval or denial of a request (such as nearby property owners) may participate in a public hearing and make comments for or against the request before the Board makes a decision on whether to approve it as requested, approve with conditions, or not to approve it.

The fact sheet that is part of the Separation Reduction Application explains the process for applying for a separation reduction.

For further information on requesting a separation reduction, please call Melody Kearse at 803-329-7088.

Related Information:

Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)
Zoning plan reviews

Open for Business Program

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer