The Zoning Division is part of an interdisciplinary team that reviews plans for all types of development projects in the City of Rock Hill.
The best place to start with a development or redevelopment project is with a sketch plan review meeting with staff. Contact elody Kearse, Zoning Coordinator, at 803-329-7088 to schedule this meeting. You will be able to discuss big-picture questions with staff members, such as:
- The annexation process, if the property is not located in the City but is adjacent to it
- Whether the proposed use is allowed in the zoning district without the need to seek approval for a rezoning of the property or a special exception for the use
- Whether the site has water and sewer infrastructure accessible to it
- Whether the site has any other constraints, such as steep topography or buffers from adjacent properties
- Whether a Traffic Impact Analysis would be required
The next steps for the project depend on the answers to the above questions and vary from project to project. Here are some helpful links for some of the most common steps:
- Site Plans, Subdivisions, & Surveys
- Civil Construction Plans
- Landscape and Lighting Plan
Additional helpful information may be found here:
The City also reviews the design of projects that are located in York County but that wish to use City water or sewer services.
Contact: For general information about the plan review process, please contact Melody Kearse, Zoning Coordinator, at 803-329-7088.