When a crime has been committed, one of the main concerns of the Rock Hill Police Department is the victim. The Victim Bill of Rights was established by the South Carolina General Assembly to preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process regardless of race, sex, age, religion, or economic status,. The program provides support, information, and assistance to victims and witnesses as their criminal cases make their way through the criminal justice system. The Rock Hill Police Department Victims' Advocate assists victims with a variety of services specific to the needs of victims, including:
- Provide emotional and moral support to victims of crimes.
- Identify and inform victims of crimes of their rights according to law.
- Conduct on-the-scene crisis intervention when applicable.
- Act as a liaison between victims, police officers, investigators and community-based agencies.
- Arrange for professional counseling and support groups.
- Provide information and referrals.
- Provide training for law enforcement and the community on a variety of topics and educate law enforcement and victims of new laws pertaining to victimization.
- Assist victims in filing applications for the victims compensation fund through the Governor's Office of Victim Assistance to help with medical expenses, lost wages, counseling expenses and funeral expenses.
- Help prepare victims for court and to provide court advocacy and accompaniment.
- Provide information regarding current status of cases.
- Assist victims by referring/providing protection resources (i.e.; transportation to court, emergency shelter and Protection Orders.
- Participate in community programs and outreach in an effort to further educate as well as become a more integral part of the communities.
Should you have questions or concerns about the program, please contact me:
Law Enforcement Victim Advocates
Rock Hill Police Department
120 East Black Street
Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730
Municipal Court/Solicitor's Officer Victims Advocate Cheryl Peace
Rock Hill Municipal Court/Solicitor's Office Victims Advocate
201 East Main Streets
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Fax: 803-326-3865 Email me: