The City of Rock Hill collects yard debris from residents on a weekly basis, except during seasonal leaf collection. Large yard debris collection will be collected as follows:
Small piles of trimmings, raked vegetation, grass clippings and pruned vegetation are only collected regularly from YardCarts. Small piles of loose yard waste left at the curb will be collected by the City, however applicable charges will be applied to your utility account.
- Large yard debris includes limbs and branches and should be placed alongside the road in front of each residence for pick-up on your collection day before 7 AM. Place in one pile away from low hanging branches, power lines, telephone poles, fences, vehicles and collection bins.
- The maximum size of any piece of yard debris is 12 feet long and no greater than 6 inches in diameter.
- Debris longer than 12 feet and/or greater than 6 inches in diameter is not collected by the City and should be removed by a private contractor.
- A limit of 2 cubic yards of large yard debris (about the size of two standard refrigerators) will be picked up at no cost to the resident each week.
- A $5.25 per cubic yard fee will be assessed to residents who have more than 2 cubic yards of large yard debris out on their collection day.
- Contractors should not place yard waste at the curb for pick up.
For large items other than limbs and branches, see Bulky Items for more information.